Salmon and Salmon hash
We had salmon last night. I intended to cook it in the oven, but the brief return of summer made the grill look more appealing. I did a half-hearted, quick marinade. Brian grilled it, and we ate with wild rice and spinach sauteed with garlic. And there was plenty left over.
I like salmon, enjoy it for dinner, but usually when I buy it, my mind is on the next morning and salmon hash.
We usually eat it with cheesy eggs. Today, I cooked down some chopped plum tomatoes and resauteed the spinach before I added the eggs. Mmmm. What’s not to like about left-overs?
- leftover salmon
- potatoes (baked the night before)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Chop an onion, sprinkle with salt, and saute in a little butter and olive oil until just starting to brown.
- Add chopped baked potatoes. Drizzle with a little more oil, and pepper heavily. Add the salmon, chopped coarsely. It will flake apart more as it cooks.
- Keep cooking until all ingredients are heated through and potatoes start to brown a bit.
- Sprinkle with chopped, fresh parsley.
- Serve with cheesy scrambled eggs.