I’ll start with a confession. I haven’t made this. I just ate it last night. And asked for seconds. And poured the drippings onto my plate. And licked the spoon.
Here’s the “recipe” I got verbally. As soon I get out to buy some peaches, I’ll try it.
Antigone’s Grilled Peaches and Cream
- peaches, skinned and halved
- 1 block cream cheese
- pecans, finely chopped
- Grill peaches. (She used an indoor grill, though I imagine you could do it on a regular grill.)
- Arrange in a single layer in a pan or on a platter (the platter should be able to catch a little juice).
- Mix cream cheese, honey, cinnamon, and pecans to taste.
- When peaches have cooled a little, but are still warm, spread the cream cheese mix on top.
I had this served with ice cream, which sounded like a good idea, but the ice cream seemed superfluous. It doesn’t really need anything, but it would probably be very good over French toast or a waffle.